How to avoid dry skin, wrinkles and other wintertime culprits
Winter is here and with it the several joys we love about it – but sadly, wintertime often equals skin issues. While most of us experience basic dry skin, many people are no strangers to winter redness, windburn, flaky scalp, chapped lips and eczema either.
One of the consequences of the lack of moisture is even an increase in wrinkles and fine lines! Skin isn’t able to retain water as well in the winter, due to the drop in humidity, resulting in dry skin and winter weather wrinkles.
While we can't escape harsh weather combined with indoor heating, what we can do is understand what causes the most common conditions and take action to have healthy skin long after the season is over.
Winter is hard on your skin
You know that winter-proofing your skin is a must as harsher weather conditions can seriously affect our skin health and appearance:
- Cold air has much less moisture than warm air does. Whether it be skin, nails or hair, the amount of moisture they can retain in wintertime decreases.
- The strong winter winds dry out skin even further, deriving it of liquid required for that summertime glow.
- Indoor heat is oh-so-pleasant in winter, but it reduced the humidity in the air and in our tissues, stripping the skin of its natural, moisturising oils.
- Hot showers and baths can also damage the surface of the skin.
- Winter clothing is also something that can contribute to dry, itchy skin.
What to do to prevent winter skin issues
Foremostly, we should adapt the skincare regimen - a more protective moisturiser is essential. Drinking plenty of water helps too as does using a humidifier in the rooms we spend the most time in. Keeping warm is a no brainer, but we can still limit our exposure to excessive heat.
The above are steps in the right direction, however, there is another essential piece in the puzzle that often gets ignored...
Collagen to the rescue
Collagen, the prevalent protein in our body, is found in various connective tissues, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, as well as in blood vessels, teeth, bones and skin. It also helps our hair and nails grow, and is responsible for the well-being of our skin. Simply put, collagen is the glue that holds our bodies together.
Unfortunately, as early as the age of 25, our collagen production starts to slow down, meaning that it needs to be replaced. It is estimated that we lose up to 1% of collagen a year and sadly we can't replace it completely without supplements.
SlimJOY's 24/7 Beauty & Slimming Bundle addresses this very problem and gives the skin what it needs the most.
The products feature patented ingredients:
- Ovoderm® increases skin firmness by up to 51%* and elasticity by up to 25%*
- Naticol® is clinically** proven to reduce wrinkles by up to 16.5%* after 12 weeks, increase skin radiance and improve skin hydration
Thanks to these, the Collagen Fat Burner and Collagen Night Burner are extremely effective.
Our customers agree that regularly using Collagen Fat Burner and Collagen Night Burner can have skin rejuvenating effects. Studies have shown that the capsules increase skin firmness and elasticity, which is good news if you want that youthful-looking, wrinkle-free skin again – all year long!
And yes, there is still time to say goodbye to dry skin, wrinkles and other wintertime culprits within weeks and enjoy this beautiful season to the full.
*Disclaimer: The effects of the product may vary between individuals and could differ from those described on the website. Our products are not intended to prevent, treat or cure any disease or serious illness. Maintaining a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle is important.
Products for you